Thursday 29 September 2011

I thought I heard a noise, just a tiny little noise coming from a very small corner on the other side of the house. I froze as still as an icicle with my hands in my pockets gripping the fluff so it wouldn't give me away. I was all alone and I didn't know the house well. It was wide and open and wooden and old and creaked with the wind and cracked with the night. But this wasn't a creaking cracking noise, it was a tinkling tiny metal bell like noise but so very small it was hard to be sure.

I held my breath so the sound of it wouldn't get in the way of my hearing and I slowly crouched down to the floor. There! I heard it again, I'm sure I was sure this time. What could be tinkling so tinily in this house? What could be hiding but moving in such a quietly noisy way? I decided to creep. I put my hands and knees on the floor and moved as silently as a person might towards the tinkling twinkling corner of the wooden house.
Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment