Thursday 25 August 2011

Knitting Club

"That looks lovely all in one colour, you can see the natural cross running through the middle of it."

"Well I'm doing it in peach because we have a peach three piece suite at home which is getting a bit tatty so rather than buy new furniture, I'm just crocheting peach rugs to cover the chairs."

" Where did you get your sofa, Clare?"

"Well, my mum's best friend's husband, Mike, had an elderly gentleman friend who bought the peach three piece suite and an antique dark wood corner cabinet, but then he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and had to more or less go straight into a nursing home, and just before he died he told Mike that he hadn't had the opportunity to use the sofa and chairs, or the corner cabinet, and would like him to have them if he could find a use for them."
"Then, just after the gentleman died, my husband Michael and I moved into our first unfurnished rented house and Mike offered us the furniture left to him by his friend, and we still have it."

Sara sat staring at me...

"Oh my God, I thought you were just going to say DFS or something and I was going to compare sofa stories with you and tell you about my large furniture company problems! That story was amazing!"



No comments:

Post a Comment