Sunday 25 September 2011

Moon Light

I wish I had said how much it meant to me that you sat with me that night. You could have just left and gone home, you could have just given me a kiss and got the hell away but you stayed and took it all like a man. You dried my eyes and put your arm around my shoulders and said nice things to make it seem brighter, a little shiny and round and smooth like the moon that was full that night shining in through your window. Maybe the moon will tell you because she knew, she could see it in the way I smiled at you and in the way I touched your arm. She could see how much it meant and it was all you needed to know how much you had made a difference. If I had just told you maybe it would have made you shine too and then we could shine together in the dark blue night, but I just left the next morning with a shy smile and I haven't seen you since.
Images from here

No comments:

Post a Comment